COVID-19 Updates, Protocols & Waiver
To our Amazing Guests:
We would like to thank you for your patience and support during this difficult time. The health, safety and well-being of our guests, team and community are our top priority. As such, we have been working diligently preparing for our re-opening.
At J&C we have always provided the highest standards and will continue to do so during this challenging time. The best way to handle the increased COVID-19 directives is to treat everyone, including ourselves, as if we could be infected.
As we obtain more information in regard to guidelines, and safety precautions, we will update you all through social media outlets and via email.
We have compiled numerous precautionary measures which exceed New York State guidelines, to ensure the safest experience while in our salon. The following list will outline those protocols as well as inform you of what to expect when entering the salon.
Please refer to the protocols below:
- We encourage all guests to bring in minimal belongings to your appointment. Please lock them in in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Only customers receiving a service will be allowed in the salon.
- Once you have been checked in your stylist will meet you at the front area to bring you to your designated station for your appointment.
- Each area, all tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each client and logged.
- No sample products or testers will be available.
- All staff have received an updated certification in regard to Sanitation protocols via Barbacide™ and OSHA.gov.
- All products will be packaged by management for your purchase.
- Please understand if you are getting a color retouch, you may have an up-charge for your color because of the need to use more color than usual.
- Cancellation/no-show policy – We will not be penalizing for any last-minute cancellations due to being sick. However, please provide us with information as soon as possible so we can adjust our schedules accordingly. We are trying our best to get every client back in as soon as possible. Our time is as valuable as yours, so please respect that appointment spaces are limited.
- Confirming your appointment – If you do not confirm 24 hours prior to your appointment you will lose your appointment and be charged $25 or a 25% up-charge for your appointed service.
Rest assured, we hope to get back to a new normal. These protocols will continue to be adjusted as needed and we will keep you informed throughout this process. We look forward to seeing you at J&C and appreciate your continued support.
J&C Beauty Bar and Salon, owned and operated by Jessica Hoffis and Candice Bruce are doing everything we can to protect you, our client, our community and our staff. To this extent, we will be following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health department guidelines with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation protocol in order to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). This will require our staff to maintain six (6) feet of distance between ourselves and you, the client, as much as possible in our salon setting. We will also be requiring this same procedure for client-to-client contact in order to limit the exposure to all individuals. Only the person receiving the service will be allowed in the salon.
All tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized between each client. As always, new capes will be given to each client. Staff will follow hand washing protocols between each client. We will temporarily suspend all complimentary services; NO rituals, NO neck massage, NO beverages, NO snacks.
If you are sick or have been sick within the last 14 days we ask that you reschedule your appointment. Also if you have a pending COVID-19 test or are planning on getting tested we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
J&C requires all individuals to wear surgical (N95) masks, or improvised masks such as scarves, bandanas or handkerchiefs to reduce the risk of exposure to yourself and others. If you do not have a mask, we ask that you reschedule your appointment. It is required that everyone either washes or sanitizes their hands upon arrival to the salon. Sanitize or wash your hands again after, touching surfaces, your face or using the restroom.
By working together we can help avoid the spreading of this virus and other infectious diseases. Failure to comply with these instructions will unfortunately result in inability to provide service.